BLUE AND MAKO SHARK OPEN OCEAN EXPEDITION
Come join @DiscoversharksTours to have 3 full days in the open ocean and experience the yearly migration of the rare Blue and Mako Sharks while the whale season is at its peak around us. We will have 2 boats on the ocean at all times, one Boat focused on Sharks and the other looking for Whales, Dolphins and the dream species, Orcas!. Relax in your own shared Ocean View Villa with all your meals and transportation included, 1 day to learn how to surf the beautiful waves of Cabo with our professional High Tide Surf instructors, take part in our daily activities, photo workshops and Shark Trivia. Your participation will also support the conservation and growth of the non profit organization Mexico Azul.
The start day of the expeditions is March 20th and/or March 27th of 2022, you will have to arrive in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico international airport and take a shuttle or taxi to the Villas Located in Cabo San Lucas (address provided with the first deposit).
3 days of early start and ACTION! 6:30 AM a light breakfast will be served to have everyone in the van by 7:30 AM and head to the Marina and sail at 8:00 AM to have 4 full days in the open Ocean to experience the Blue and Mako sharks. It is also Whale season so we will have the opportunity to do some exploration, whale watching and of course expect the unexpected with Whales, Dolphins, Mobula rays and/or Killer Whales.
(Arrival day March 20th and/or March 27th)
March 21th/March 28th
6:00 AM Breakfast, 7:30 AM - 5:00 pm Open Ocean Shark Action, dinner at 6:30 pm. 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Activity: Underwater Photography Workshop
March 22th/March 29th
6:00 AM Breakfast, 7:30 AM - 5:00 pm Open Ocean Shark Action, dinner at 6:30 pm. 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Activity: Shark Trivia with Clara from NGO Mexico Azul
March 23th/March 30th
7:00 AM Breakfast, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Surf Lessons, Lunch at Misioneros Bar and Pool 4:00 pm Shuttle to downtown Cabo - Shuttle Back 7:00 pm 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Activity
March 24th/March 31st
6:00 AM Breakfast, 7:30 AM - 5:00 pm Open Ocean Shark Action, dinner at 6:30 pm. 8:00 pm - onwards, Activity: Shark Farewell Dinner & Get Together.
March 25th/April 1st
9:00 am Breakfast, Check out by Noon.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
• Daily round Transportation from the Villas to the Marina and surfing site
• Accommodation from March 20th – March 25th and/or March 27th - April1st
• 3 Full Days in the Ocean (Gear, Boats, Captain, Chum, crew and guides)
• Pictures and videos of the experience by Underwater Photographers.
• Surf Lessons for all ages (12 - 80)
• Marine Biologist and Director of Mexico Azul, Clara will be conducting research and documentation of the trip, Shark Trivia & Talk about the yearly migration.
What’s NOT included?
• Dive and Travel insurance (mandatory to acquire)
• Transportation to meeting point on March 20th
• Transfer to the airport
• In Cabo San Lucas, Villas have two rooms with queen size beds, one bed per person. (when coming with a partner please advise for the possibility of a king size or queen size bed for the couple).
• There is a Pool Bar with a menu on your own expenses that provides food, Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks from Noon - 8:00 pm.
• There is 2 beach access points in the Villas,1 Pool bar, and an infinity pool.
• The Villas are a 10 minute drive away from Cabo San Lucas downtown area.
What should I bring?
•Passport or INE or Mexican residency card
•5mm wetsuit recommended (included in the price there is a 3mm wetsuit rental)
•Proof of Dive and Travel insurance (no exceptions)
• Sun block/ screen / lotion - SPF 30 should be a minimum (Reef Friendly is mandatory)
• Insect repellent and baby oil (for mosquitoes and sand flies)
• Hat, buff and polarized sunglasses
• Rain jacket
• Dive gear: mask, fins, snorkel, gloves and booties or similar are a must.
• Bathing suit and rash guard (for UV protection) or wetsuit (3-5mm for winter; highly recommended).
• Dry bag -optional but proves very useful in the field
• Beach towel or large towel -optional – bath towels and bed linens are provided
• Any special foods or medications e.g. seasickness tablets, waterproof band-aids for fin sores, electrolytes for hydration or similar
• Spending money for personal expenses – Mexican Pesos or US dollars.
• Camera- Topside and/or underwater
• Spare batteries for headlamps, cameras, etc. as batteries and film accessories are difficult obtain in the area.
THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME FOR $3300 USD